Covid 19 National Action Plan
The National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) is leading our public health response to COVID-19 and a National Action Plan was published on 16th March, setting out a whole-of-society response and mobilisation of resources across Government and society to fight the spread of the virus.
This Community Response Action Plan supports the National Action Plan and is focussed on the Department of Rural and Community Development initial response in supporting a community response to COVID-19.
A Communications Pack for community and voluntary groups and members of the public has been developed. This pack contains: -
- Department of Rural and Community Development - COVID-19 Government Action Plan to Support the Community Response
- Information leaflet “You, Your Community and COVID-19” – We would ask that you distribute this across your communities, to individuals and in particular, those that do not have access or knowledge of digital platforms. Maybe include them as part of a meals on wheels drop.
- How can I volunteer?
- Sensible volunteering – Do’s and Don’ts
- Advice for local community groups – how can we get volunteers?
- Advice for vulnerable people who need supports
- Crime prevention advice
- How to guard against fraud and generate trust
Don't forget the HSE website is the key source for health advice. It also includes posters and other resources that can be used in your community.
The Department's email helpdesk facility is available to assist you with advice or queries and is open 7 days a week
Published by the Department of Rural and Community Development.
|Government action plan for community response to Covid 19.pdf (920.01 KB)|
|You, Your Community & COVID.pdf (0.93 MB)|
|How can I Volunteer in response to COVID-19.pdf (675.54 KB)|
|Sensible Volunteering in response to Covid-19.pdf (742.51 KB)|
|Advice on the recruitment of volunteers for community & voluntary groups.pdf (708.39 KB)|
|Advice for vulnerable people.pdf (661.5 KB)|
|Crime Prevention Advice .pdf (275.87 KB)|
|How to Protect Against Fraud and Generate Trust.pdf (535.85 KB)|